Please note that starting on February 28th, 2018, the data collected in this survey won’t count towards the final tally. The trials are also closed.
If you’re living in Hamburg, Germany and want to try the Amazon Echo Dot and its famous smart-assistant “Alexa”, then you’re in luck!
The process is simple: As this is an academic research, certain concessions need to be done, the outline of the terms and conditions of the experiment are:
- You can keep and use the Amazon Echo Dot you receive for a period of 8 or 28 days, after this time you must send / give it back to me. The device must be returned in the same condition it was given to you.
- Users must speak English.
- The Echo Dot will be connected to a shared-account, meaning that you and me will be able to access the device logs and audio recordings, but don’t worry, this doesn’t mean I will be able to listen to you all the time: I will only be able to access the recordings of the orders you give to the device after you say the wake word “Alexa“. You can see at any time what recordings are logged on the Alexa app and delete them if you find it appropriate.
- After the trial is done, you must fill-in a survey detailing your experience with the Echo Dot. The more feedback you give me, the better, and thus I encourage you to also write me a short e-mail describing your experience.
- There are 2 trial devices available.
If you’re interested in getting one of the trial devices, please get in touch using the form below.
Join the trial